We welcome you to the Parish of Richmond, the largest geographical Parish in the Parramatta Diocese, encompassing/comprising St Monica's Richmond, St Gregory's Kurrajong and St John of God North Richmond. Embracing our rich heritage and faith tradition and grounded in the love of Christ we strive through our deeds to bring about the kingdom of God in Faith, Hope & Charity.
The original foundation stone for St Monica's was laid in January 1859 and we are proud to have families in their seventh and eighth generations still active in our Parish.
WE ENDEAVOUR TO BE:
A living and nurturing community, expressing Christ's presence among us
A nourishing community of faith and prayer
A welcoming community of hospitality and outreach
A compassionate community of healing and pastoral care
WEEKLY MASS TIMES
BOOKINGS FOR ALL MASSES ARE ESSENTIAL AND NUMBERS WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED.
Find out our Mass & Reconciliation Times during Holy Week & Easter by clicking the button below
In the coming year we would like to offer parishioners ongoing opportunities for faith conversations and faith formation. We have planned these for every second Wednesday of the month.
To help us better plan for this program of parish faith building and sharing, we would like to invite you to complete the Expression of Interest form using the link below.
RESPONSES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED BY FRIDAY 2nd APRIL 2021.
DID YOU KNOW that Contactless Donations to our Parish during these COVID times can now be made quickly, easily, and safely?
A newly installed Paywave terminal in the foyer at St Monica's Church, Richmond can process donations of $5.00 by simply tapping your credit card (Mastercard/Visa). If you wish to donate more - just tap again!
A "DONATE NOW" button can also be found on the top righthand corner of this Home Page if you wish to donate for a specific amount or purpose (Baptisms, Sacramental Programs, Weddings, Planned Giving etc)
Thank you for you continuing support.
COVID-19 & Our Parish
To attend WEEKDAY MASSES at St Monica's Richmond no booking is required.
To participate at WEEKEND MASSES, online registration is required, this can be done via the REGISTER FOR MASS link below or through our Facebook page
Please note, one registration for one individual only. e.g. A family of eight fills in eight registration forms. Once the quota at each mass has been reached Google forms will not accept more bookings. In which case you may try another mass time or venue.
Mass bookings are printed by 3pm on Friday, so if you register before then you will be on the list at the Church door and all you have to do is sign against your name upon arrival.
If you register after 3pm Friday, simply write your name at the door of the Church if space on the sign-in sheets is available.
Effective from Friday, 12 February 2021
St Monica's Richmond Maximum capacity 250 people.
St Gregory's Kurrajong Maximum capacity 47 people.
NSW Health has advised that face masks will no longer be mandatory in places of worship. However,this practice is still strongly recommended, especially indoors.
The maximum number of people at places of worship and religious services will only be limited by the 2 square metre rule. There is a cap in numbers of 250 at St Monica's and 47 at St Gregory's. Online booking is required to attend Weekend Masses, no booking is required for Weekday Masses.
We ask that parishioners not attend Mass (even if you have booked) if you are feeling unwell in anyway.
Social distancing is in place throughout all areas of our church in line with government recommendations and our COVID-19 safety plan. Pews have been taped off and seats have been removed to meet Government requirements at this time. Signage is provided at the entrance and on seats and flooring for parishioner’s guidance.
- Practice good hygiene, sanitize your hands before entering the church and wipe your area with the wipes provided.
- Ensure you sign in upon arrival, to assist with contact tracing.
- Observe social distancing at all times people of the same household may sit together.
- You must only sit in the church pews which have not been cordoned off at this time.
- Please take the parish bulletin home do not leave it in the Church or return it to the basket.
- Do not mingle when leaving the Church.
The wearing of face masks is no longer compulsory.
- Holy water has been removed from the entrances of the Church.
- Congregational singing is now permitted.
- Holy Communion may be now distributed in the hand or on the tongue. If parishioners would like to receive Communion on the tongue, this is to be done only after everyone else has received Communion on the hand. Only the priest will distribute Communion on the tongue. We ask when approaching to receive Holy Communion that you do so in single file to ensure social distancing.
- Passing of collection plates has been suspended. Clearly marked collection boxes have been placed at the entrance's for contributions towards the 1st & 2nd collections, we also have online donation facilities available through our website.
- The Sign of Peace has been suspended at this time.
The wearing of face masks is no longer compulsory.
Yes. The First Rite of Confession is available Saturdays at 9.30am at St. Gregory’s and 5.30pm at St. Monica’s.
Yes. Please contact the parish office for further details or to book in.
All but priests continue for the time being to be dispensed from attending Sunday Mass, but those who are at low risk of infection and able to do so are exhorted to take all reasonable steps to attend Sunday Mass.
If you are unable to attend, you can keep Sunday holy by setting aside some time for prayer at home, reading the Scriptures of the day, watching Mass on television or online and asking God for the graces you would normally receive in Holy Communion.
Help CatholicCare chaplains bring comfort, faith and hope to the sick and isolated
PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY TO THE BISHOP'S GOOD SAMARITAN APPEAL.
1A Bourke Street, Richmond, NSW 2753
Phone: 02 4578 1410
Parish Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30 - 4:00pm
5 Old Bells Line of Road
Kurrajong, NSW 2758
Cnr Windsor St & Bourke St
Richmond, NSW 2753
ST JOHN OF GOD
177 Grose Vale Road
North Richmond, NSW 2753