We welcome you to the Parish of Richmond, the largest geographical Parish in the Parramatta Diocese, encompassing/comprising St Monica's Richmond, St Gregory's Kurrajong and St John of God North Richmond. Embracing our rich heritage and faith tradition and grounded in the love of Christ we strive through our deeds to bring about the kingdom of God in Faith, Hope & Charity.
The original foundation stone for St Monica's was laid in January 1859 and we are proud to have families in their seventh and eighth generations still active in our Parish.
WE ENDEAVOUR TO BE:
A living and nurturing community, expressing Christ's presence among us
A nourishing community of faith and prayer
A welcoming community of hospitality and outreach
A compassionate community of healing and pastoral care
PARISH UPDATE 31/05/2020 – MASS BOOKINGS & NUMBERS
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Due to the easing of restrictions announced most recently by the NSW Government, from 1 June 2020, St. Monica’s Church Richmond will be able to accommodate 50 worshippers for Masses and 20 people at St. Gregory’s, Kurrajong.
- To attend WEEKDAY masses at St. Monica’s, one need not register beforehand. However, you need to fill in your details on the sheet provided at the side entrance (near the office).
- To participate at WEEKEND MASSES, please click on the REGISTRATION FOR MASSES link below, then click on the date of the Mass that you wish to register for and fill in the details on the Google form, and remember to click the Submit button. Please note, one registration for one individual only. eg. A family of eight fills in eight registration forms.
- To allow as many parishioners to attend, please register for just one weekend Mass not multiple. Decide which Mass you and/or the family will attend and register ONLY for that Mass.
- Note that the parish office will not accept bookings via the phone or email or oral messages anymore. If internet is not accessible, do request a family or friend to help you in this regard. If you know someone who does not have access to the internet please reach out to them and assist them to register.
- To facilitate more participation, extra masses have been organised for the weekends. The duration of masses will be around 30 minutes. This will allow time for sanitising each space before the next group of parishioners enters the Church.
- A register of attendees for contact tracing will be at the entrance. Please sign against your name and provide your contact details. This is a legal requirement.
- Remember to maintain physical and safe distancing and personal hygiene.
- Enjoy Mass. Remember, Communion in the hand only, not on the tongue. Let us pray for one another and our world.
- Please be mindful and refrain from any kind of socialising outside the church thus allowing car parking spaces for the next mass.
- We ask that parishioners not attend Mass if you are feeling unwell, even if you have reserved your attendance for the Mass.
- Rosters distributed at the beginning of the Church year will resume as from next weekend. For the additional Masses, ministers will be arranged.
Saturdays at 9.30 am at St. Gregory’s and 4.30 pm at St. Monica’s, Richmond.
Please note that when a particular Mass has reached its maximum number (50 at St. Monica’s and 20 at St. Gregory’s) Google forms will not accept more bookings. In that case you may try another mass time or venue.
Once again thank you for your patience and understanding. Keep well and stay safe. Looking forward to seeing you all as we worship together as a parish family.
Blessings and Prayerful regards
Fr. Clifford and the Parish Team
1A Bourke Street, Richmond, NSW 2753
Phone: 02 4578 1410
Parish Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30 - 4:00pm
5 Old Bells Line of Road
Kurrajong, NSW 2758
Cnr Windsor St & Bourke St
Richmond, NSW 2753
ST JOHN OF GOD
177 Grose Vale Road
North Richmond, NSW 2753